Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Week in Review




These are some pics of us in the Corn Maze last weekend-it really was a fun thing to do.

Remember that cold I told you about in my last post? I ended up taking THREE sick days. This is unprecedented for me...I only took 1 (2 half days) all last year! I went in on Wednesday and was promptly told to go home. Thursday morning I went to the doctor and she told me to take another day. All I did for those three days was read and watch TV...that is all the energy I had. Of course, the pooch still needs to be walked and I hoped the fresh air would be good but those walks did me in. The Doc says it has been a bad bug-it went thru her house-and lasts about a week and a half. Oh-by the way-for all of the bad press out health care system gets, I just thought you should know there is good out there..like my GP. She rocks. I need to send her a card one of these days. I think I am over the hump now, but it looks (sounds) like Troy is gagging up a lung in there...I got up because I started to cough and wanted him to be able to get some sleep-he has been working REALLY hard and not getting any sleep this week due to his phelmy Girlie.

Friday I was back at work. It must be the drugs, because I left work and went to the Shoe and Handbag Outlet (Commercial Street, New Minas...GO)and dropped $159.oo for shoes and (suprise) a handbag. Everytime I opened my new bag yesterday I could smell the leather and it made me happy. There was a bag at the Jelly Cupboard (if you have not been there in a while, GO) I was considering, but just could not bring myself to drop 90$ for a "veagan" (read...not leather) bag. So I got a leather one for 90$! Hey-gimme a break-it was regularly 179$! I'll be stylin' in Moncton in November!

Today we are off to Middleton to celebrate Troy's mom Marilyn's birthday. Should be fun...Ron (Troy's dad) is making dinner!!!

3 comments:

Just Plain Happy said...

NINETY! GASP! $$$"'s??? Now I'd think nothin' of droppin 90 for scrapbook supplies or some rubber stamps BUT leather or veagan, el cheapo! here isn't wasting her hard (ha!ha!) dollars on any of it!

Anonymous said...

Taryn, I saw Deb's veagan bag the last time I was at your house...I think I can "imagine" spending $90 on one...they are quite spectacular!

Oh, and Taryn...you've been TAGGED! Read my blog for more...

Taryn said...

Oh, don't get me wrong, Jill. I really love those bags....they are beautiful. For the record Myleta, I did also drop 90$ for rubber stamps and ink last week ;)