A fairly uneventful weekend so far. Susan Miller (noted astrologist-see her link on the left of the blog) says December 23rd is supposed to be the luckiest day of the year. We'll see.
I had lunch yesterday with Myleta and Amy (two of my Book Club Peeps) and it was really nice. We went to the cafe downtown and two hours later, had our goodbye hugs. They really are truly caring, wonderful people. After that I did a few errands (got kindling, went to the NSLC, mailed a C'Mas card that was returned due to wrong address, and bought a street hockey ball for Macy from Santa) and went back home to take the hound for a walk. It really was a beautiful day-for the first day of winter.
I finished Audience of Chairs last evening. What a great book. If you have read it, at one point I had to put it down because I was identifying just a little too much with Moranna. She is the main character and viewed as a nut case by the community (granted, she suffers from mental illness and is a bit loco). All of a sudden I had this thought: That's me. The crazy lady who lives alone at the end of Pleasant Street with her dog and her cat. Up at weird hours doing crazy things like putting weatherstripping on her windows at 5am. I got over it eventually and finished the book. A great read, if you are looking for holiday reading.
Jeff and Deb stopped by to deliver a bag of goodies. Deb said my fireplace surround was "stunning". She uses the best words. Inside the bag was a box of Carrs water crackers, a jar of her homemade antipasto and one of her little fruitcakes. I could not resist and made tea and had a piece right after they left. Whoa! Potent ones this year, Deb! I think you forgot you had already dosed them with Brandy one week and did a double dose. Yahoo. One small consolation prize about the whole mess I have dealt with this past month-I don't have to share my fruitcake this year.
So Christmas is nigh. I feel strangely detached from the whole thing yet can't escape it, either. Even my beloved CBC is abandoning me-when I turn it on (purposefully tuned to CBC radio two-the classical station to avoid hearing the wrong pop song on Magic 949 that would cause me to drive over an embankment because I was blinded by tears), there are classical versions of freakin' C'Mas carols. The house across the street has a series of seizure-inducing blinky lights that I am tempted to go unplug. Don't get me wrong-if other folks are appreciating the season, go for it.
I do, despite my feelings for the Season, wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm thinking you should rip their damn lights off the house put them in a circle on the lawn and s_ _ _ in the middle!!! Don't worry, my sister is back in BC and called me this morning at 430 am her time, she got a whole 4 1/2hrs sleep and was ready for the day. It was so hard to see her go back. But she is in a much better place than when she came. Take care Taryn
Loved that book! The author does a fantastic job of humanizing the main character. Loved lunch yesterday, great food, Fab company, we must do it again soon.
Post a Comment