Do you not love this picture of my dear little dog? It was taken in Dec 05 and it still one of my faves. She has been good for me these past few weeks. I have entered the one of her in the green chair in the Chronicle Herald Petpouri Photo contest and will find out the 8th of January if she is a winner.
I think I might use some of my airmiles to purchase a digital camera.
Back to work today. I have a Dr. appointment first. I think it will be OK-there should be a full inbox.
Tuesday night was fun. The book club girls got together for a Christmas do at Paulette's house and there were treats and surprises galore. What a great bunch of women I have the honour of being part of.
Last night I had an invitation to have dinner with Troy's mom and sister (they wanted to get me out of the house) and it was good to see them. I wasen't very good company. But they were good company for me. They are two very special people.
A package arrived from Bermuda on Monday and in it was a book called "The Girls". I devoured it-finished it yesterday. Just a great story and I loved the writing style. The BC girls heard my call for books, so now I have lots to read over the holiday.
My mailbox had a few treats in it this week: my friend Carson sent a card with the word Christmas in Merry Christmas crossed out and the word Festivus written in, the thoughtful (yet sneaky!)RAK group sent a few cards, and there have been some nice sparkly cards from friends. You all have been very good to me. Thank you.



7 comments:
Well Taryn...I suck at RAK's..I mean yes I am a nice girl, but I just can't get my Sh*# together! I think with all the "Sh*$" going on in your life, and the neighbors dog using your lawn as it's toilet and with it being Christmas and all...I think you should re-name your blog "Holy Crap...and other BS" Hope it made you smile!!! :)
Leave it to our Angie! OK so what's the next book on your bedside table? Keep us posted so we can talk about what you are reading...I love diversions.. like, I need to get to the post office but I don't want to get dressed...Have a great day & thanks again for our file folders...you rock!
I second the file folder comment - they are GORGEOUS...thanks for making me one too!
Love the pic of Macy...she is everybit as cute in real life.
Take care of you...
Yes, I agree that book club is made up of fantastic group of women. Thanks so much for the file folder - it is such a great idea and so pretty to boot! With all of the books you'll be saturated with words when you go back to work. I say using the Air Miles for a camera - if you aren't planning a trip soon (say to NC in April)- is a good investment of points.
Hi Taryn,
Now listen up CLOSELY my dear Friend! I, Honestly, CROSS MY HEART believe you ought to be writing books of your own. It takes a reader to know a good book and it takes someone who can write like you do, to give us the next best seller! Think about it... and see you Saturday...
PS I can't wait to meet Macy in person... I love her already!
Definately a sweet pic of Macy! Ditto about the folders...can't wait to put some cool stuff on/in mine!
Angie, I just might have to use your name for my own blog! Hehehe! Just kidding, not going to happen girls!
Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday, Taryn...hope work when well for you today!
Hey Taryn,
really wishing I got my folder too! (hope I'm getting one)I know you all had a great time at book club. I missed you. The week with my sister is flying by! What is everyone doing Sat?
Post a Comment