Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sunday Morning

Curses. Went to bed at 9, woke up at 2. I'm pretty sick of this.

My pal Tim came over yesterday afternoon to give me a painting lesson. We FINALLY put a second coat on the hallway and the living room entrance way (I've only had the paint sitting in the closet since the end of freakin' March). When the dude painted last year, he ran out of paint so those areas did not get a second coat. Until yesterday! And I thought painting was hard...gives me the confidence to tackle the bathroom, next. I had a conversation with one of Beth's brothers on Boxing Day, and he told me what to do to prepare (javex the mould, paint it with BIN, and then use a bathroom paint). I think I am going to keep the vanity that was purchased in September. And I can't wait to put up the new light fixtures (that were purchased in January of 2006). After the job, I ordered a pizza and we enjoyed it with beer. My original plan was to cook for Tim, but that would involve planning , shopping and cooking. Screw that.

I'm thinking Garden Path for the bathroom. The vanity is dark with a white top. Trim would be white, too. http://www.bigchips.ca/en_CA/SearchRes.asp?Aisle=17&cat=&view=G

I finished reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter...good read. Not sure what I'll read next.

I booked the cottage in French River PEI for a week next summer. Just me and the hound. She has been acting very strange lately.

Today? Nothing planned. Cleaning. Laundry. Make chicken fricot. Yes, I am going to attempt to go back in the kitchen...cooking for one SUCKS.

1 comment:

Just Plain Happy said...

Hey Taryn,
I am so.... not Paulette! I think cooking for ONE, TWO or TEN sucks! The kitchen is NOT my favorite room.
On a happier note I am REALLY excited to come and see for myself the paint job and the rest of your digs on Book Club night!
I WISH you ALL THE BEST in 2008, Taryn. You are going to witness many wonderful things. Your friends are predicting it!
Love,
Myleta