Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Here We Go....

Finally. The New Year has begun. I was up at 4 and put up the new calendar.

Frankly, yesterday sucked. I went to work, but two hours later they closed the Station due to weather. So I came home, built a fire, took the hound around the block and then took a nap. Finished Alice Seabold's "Almost Moon" (a very macabre book...I liked her "The Lovely Bones" a lot better). Made tea. Wrote a long email to a friend. And it was still only 3pm. Yesterday was very LONG. Finally, it was time to meet up with friends for dinner at the Pub and I am glad that I went down. I left just before the band started...it got to be a little too much and I was feeling a bit like a caged animal. It was a tearful walk home, and Macy got to sleep under the covers last night. Someone shot off a gun at midnight and she went berserk.

So here I am today. At the cusp of a new year. And I need a new word. To review, my One Little Word for last year was BREATHE. Breathe before you speak, breathe to relax, breathe in fresh air, breathe to regain composure.

This year, my word is HONESTY. I need to be honest in situations be it personal or business(I don't need to be a "yes" girl or make sure everyone feels nice and cozy). I can't rely on people to always be honest. I need to be honest with myself and need to tune into the truth about how I am feeling and respond appropriately.

Rock on, 2008....rock on. Let's GO.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog is always a great way to start my day!!!!!!!
Honestly!!!!!!!!
Have a fabulous 2008!
gayle

Anonymous said...

HONESTY is a great little word, hope it works for you. I am working on GRATITUDE for 2008. (breathe would have been a good one for me too!)Last year my word was CHANGE and we know I lived through lots of that too (as did you)...Onward & Upward my friend.The good is there when the time is right for you to choose to see it...

Just Plain Happy said...

Honesty is a GREAT word-
....acknowledging our feelings and saying what we truly feel is important.
And honestly Taryn, you need sleep. If those blue pills the Dr. prescribed aren't working, get something that will. Sleep deprivation is NOT good for the Body OR Soul.
PS My word is CHANGE.

Angie said...

Taryn I saw you on one of your famouse "walking the Hound" trips in Kentville on the 28th. I was taking wedding pics so I could not stop to chat!!! I love how you write!!! I totally get every emotion through your words! I too have felt that same pain, and although we are stronger today for it, I remember with painful detail the feelings you are feeling. Have another drink(or piece of fruit-cake) and embrace it head on...you will be stronger in the end.(And if that doesn't help, ram his car...lol)

Back in the valley said...

I love your word for the year...Honesty...it's not always the easiest one to stick to but I think it's one of the best...but if I ask you if my jeans make my butt look fat...

Wishing you all the best this year!!
Annie (Josee's sister)