Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wednesday Morning

And it is snowing. Ugh.

Last night I was invited over to Jean's place with Deb and Kim to do a bit of stamping. I took along a project I am making for each of my office mates and they look pretty damn good if I may say so myself. jean makes the most excellent peppermint tea. I was pretty tired at the end and dragged myself home and went to bed. But I still woke up at 3:15. Managed to spoon the dog and woke up again at 4. Then the monkey brain took over and I got up.

Funny how last year I was not into making sure everyone got a Christmas card and this year I went gung-ho with hand-made for all and even gifts for the office and something special for my Book Club Peeps. This time of year ceased being fun and exciting for me a very long time ago and I have experienced Scroogeness, particularly last year when I did the minimum. And to think I was actually going to make an effort this year. Then, when the bottom basically fell out of my world, I get all crafty. For those of you who will benefit, thank you for the distraction.

When the blacksmith Scott was to put my surround in on Monday, the time set was 12 noon. Due to work and a generally crappy day, I was late and missed him. Lo and behold, when I got home that day there he was waiting for me. He immediately asked me if I was OK and expressed concern. Then we went inside and he went to work. I actually got the stuff out to make a meal (first time in 2 weeks) and he worked away. After he left I realized how fortuitous it was he was here and I sent him an email to thank him. This was his reply:
Dear Taryn,
There are people that you will come across in your path of life that you know that you have a connection to. It may be as simple as the way that they talk , or it may be as complex as how they veiw the world around them. I really can't explain it any better than that, but, I could feel your pain when you first talked to me last night.
Let me explain it to you this way. There are people that you meet and a color will enter you mind Some will bring a dark color. usually it will be a medium, gray color. You brought a light blue color, but not only that, you also brought a fresh breath of air.
Don't allow the gray that surrrounds you now color your world or take away the breath of fresh air that I know you are to those around you.
Scott

When you least expect it, stuff happens.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa...amazing.

Anonymous said...

I came to your blog this morning to sneak in a note to remind you that crap just happens to good people not because they're not good it's just because crap happens, and to say something witty and inspired to remind you that my life has been enriched by your presence and then I read Scott's comments and I'll just say "ditto"

Anonymous said...

Wow! I hope...no I wish there were more Scotts in this world! How nice. But you know you will always be "BROWN" to me.

Kathryn said...

Myletta said in a response to a note I sent her awhile ago that "it takes a good friend to have a good friend." I think you have some great friends and are obviously a great friend in return.

Anonymous said...

Taryn, light blue is comforting...so are Scott's words. There are so many many friends watching out for you.. look how large your world has become.

Just Plain Happy said...

How true! Stuff does happen and how nice that it is the color of blue, a little different from the **** that has been happening lately, which is the color of brown! Just trying my hand at a little 'Poo' humor.

Love you Taryn!

Thanks for sharing and I am glad you got a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel!