Thursday, January 24, 2008

Book Club Report

Having the Cry Babies over the other night was great. Everyone managed to squeeze into my little house (we were short three members, and they were missed!) and Macy entertained them all. She stressed me out, but the girls were quite accommodating. See, she knows better than to beg from me. But she is smart enough to think new people don't know the rules. We dined on Audrey's Serious Rum cake and it went over very well. It was good to have them here-they have been such a blessing to me.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Rum cake? How many slices did you have Taryn? hee hee. Good thing Gayle Whittenburg wasn't there she would have eaten hers way before anyone else.(Remember her pint was gone while you were still sipping!!!)
Glad you had a great time! It's always good to be surrounded by great women!(and the bookclub girls too...lol)

Anonymous said...

the night was perfect, I especially loved being in my Jamies with good friends...the rum cake was such a great hit & next time we'll serve it with coffee "avec" and find a DD!!!You are a fabulous host Taryn & all the little details were so thoughtful and to have live entertainment, Bonus!!!!

Just Plain Happy said...

Great evening Taryn, as I knew it would be! Just got back from Camp so just catching up on my Blog reading. Thanks for appetizers, rum cake, punch, a great CHALLENGE and a night with Macy.... you know you love dogs when you are willing to share your RUM cake with them... Macy was everything I imagined AND more!
PS Now I have 'Fireplace' envy.

Kathryn said...

I was sorry to miss book club. Yesterday after I picked up my challenge "et al" I didn't open it in the car but waited 'til I got home and made a cup of tea so I could savour the moment. The challenge is so timely for me - funny enough - I've been looking into some of the "old" stuff on Ali's blog.
Thanks for accommodating me yesterday. What colour of paint did you get?