Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend Report



For those of you who have not seen it, here is a pic of the fireplace surround. Picture does not do it justice.

Friday night Evelyne, Jean and I went to the pub for dinner and I finally had one of their new pizzas (personal size). It was worth the wait-you can choose white or multigrain crust and the topping selection goes beyond basic pepperoni and cheese. I had smoked chicken and tomaotes. I did have a baby beer, but I won't be doing that anytime again soon...totally did me in emotionally. It hits about 24-48 hours afterward. This medication I am taking is totally ruling my world right now.

We went to see "Senior Follies" at Centrestage afterward, and I have to admit I fell asleep during both acts. No reflection of the play-the place was packed and very warm and I had a seat next to the wall and I had been up since 4 for Pete's sake (and I do not feel rested when I do sleep).

I took the plunge and started to paint the bathroom this weekend. Conrad at Brad's Decor Centre is FABULOUS and answers all my questions and has suggestions up the ying-yang. Yes, it is more expensive than Kent, but after using Benjamin Moore paint for the living room, I am a bit of a paint snob and can't imagine using anything else. And for me, the service and knowledge is worth paying extra for. I chose Garden Path(a nice green) for the walls and I am using (the same as on the ceiling in the living room/hallway) Monterery White (not as stark as the blinding bathroom white that it is now) for the ceiling and trim. The new vanity is dark wood with a white top, and I have a set of dark shelves to put up. We had purchased new lights 2 years ago, and they are still sitting in the box, so I am anxious to get those up. I did the trim, the ceiling and the back of the door this weekend...looks pretty darn good if I say so myself. I had cleaned the mold with javex before I left for London and put a coat of BIN on it when I got back. I find I deal better with the weekend if I have a project.

I cannot freakin' believe it is the last weekend in January.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!
Love that insert and I am picturing your "new" bathroom and I am jealous of your dark cabinet and shelving. Sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Snobby Taryn...( hee hee hee)
Benjamin Moore is the ONLY way to go & getting it at Brad's is always the RIGHT choice...I love his suggestions & they always seem to work out just how you imagine them to... as for the drugs...I am praying for the days when you can enjoy the simple things in life like a beer again...make sure you take a baby step this week for me...

Anonymous said...

Holly wow!
I like the surround. Can't wait to see it in person. You'll have to send pics of your bathroom cause your color schem sounds pretty darn close to what I was planning for our new basement bathroom. (great minds do think alike).
jo

Angie said...

I love little projects that help pass the time away! I wish someone would teach a hands on woman course where women could go and for 10 weeks someone could teach me how to change a light fixture without killing myself, lay tile, use tools, plumb a new sink and install taps, fix a toilet...I am handy but I just don't have the confidence. Looks like your heading on the right path!! you go girl!

Angie said...

love the fire surround too....forgot to mention. Was that guy who installed it married?

Angie said...

(for you not me...I am happily married!!!!) I am leaving now...

Just Plain Happy said...

Okay.... 'getting it at Brad's' may have more meaning than you think??? Are we talking paint here girls? and Angie, I have often wondered but dared not ask that very question. Is the guy, I think his name is Scott, who installed the fireplace thingy (he sounded so.... sensitive and DEEP....) married? Pics of the bathroom please! And for those who have not seen the fireplace IRL, it is gorgeous!
Can't wait to see the bathroom IRL!