Jenn left very early yesterday morning. It was so great to have her here...you are right, Angie....everybody needs a Jenn.
I spent the day puttering around the house (the living room got changed around when Jenn was here and I rearranged the bedroom yesterday) and went to the office for a bit and also walked the Hound. Then my friend Beth called and asked if I would like to go out for the evening. We went to the new Village Pub out in Coldbrook. Not a bad little spot...the chicken nachos are pretty good. I had to settle for soda with a dash of cranberry (I miss beer). It was good to see Beth...she is one of those friends who, no matter how long it has been since you see them, when you are with them is like putting on your favourite cozy flannel PJs. Warm, comforting and safe.
So I have something to look forward to in February (NOT Valentine's Day). My friend Tim and I are going to Bermuda. I bought the tickets yesterday (online, no less). We are going on Friday, Feb.22 and returning Monday, Feb.25. Jenn has her first lead role in the musical Ragtime and we are going to cheer her on. Got a great price on the flight. It isn't the warmest time to go to Bermuda, but it will be fun just the same. Tim will be a good travelling companion and I will get another stamp in my passport.
Today is a get ready for bookclub day. The girls are coming here and I need to get organized for that. And I need to complete a page in Debbie's Circle Journal. I also have plans to have coffee with Steph in the afternoon and may be headed to Kim's hot tub in the evening.
Looks like I will survive another weekend...whew!
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Wow - I am so proud of you - love, your mom.
So GREAT! You and Tim will have such a fun time...so many laughs!
Really proud of your forward looking thinking, Taryn.
Way to go!
Say "hi" to the girls at book club.
My dearest Taryn,
You have 'safely' reached the other side. You have managed this with grace and dignity and to boot, discovered a depth to friendship you may not have realized existed. I missed being able to post to you (need to save up for a laptop for when I travel) but I have been thinking of you. I am looking forward to BC night and spending time with 'the cry babies'. See you Tuesday night.
Love,
Myleta
Taryn,
you will have such a great time on your trip, good for you!! See you tomorrow night, but I will be a little late, so go ahead with out me. I should be there by 730.
Wow...who can say they are flying to Bermuda for the weekend? I can't!!! I can't fly to NFLD now that I am in the third trimester!!! Some people have all the fun! lol Glad to hear your life is on the upswing...now I am sure the pain is there it just been numbed by good friends, but what I don't get is why you gave up beer? CRAZY!!! I am craving Ceasers daily!!! lol
Post a Comment