Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday Morning

Last day in London. Ontario.

Survived another day. Went to a horrible Chinese buffet for lunch, but at least I didn't go alone. And last night I was invited to join some folks from NB and NS for dinner at Applebee's (don't go out of your way to go there...so prefab). After the course yesterday I went up to Chapters, but didn't find anything worthy of purchase. I eagerly awaited the new Grey's Anatomy episode only to fall asleep during the first few minutes...woke up to the credits. Groan.

Can't say as I am looking forward to going back to Kentville...the house will be missing some elements and Troy's spirit will be gone. As long as his stuff was there, it was like he had only gone away. But now it will really hit square in the chest. I am still at that stage where it seems like a bad dream that I never wake up from and I get a spreading heat feeling when I remind myself he has gone. I'll survive, but I don't want to go through this. He really is, despite everything, a good man and I truly miss him. It would be easier if he was a stinkin' jerk.

I am going to make Jenn go in the house first. My head hurts already...real life banging it against a wall.

Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May the forces of all who love you be with you tonight Taryn... you will get through this. Underline through... it's the sucky but necessary part of the getting to the other side...

Anonymous said...

I wish I had some wise words of comfort but at the moment Nicholas has just placed four mickey mouse stickers on my mouth...maybe it's a wise move on his part! I am still thinking of you and sending my prayers (it has brought me closer to you and I hope your heart feels it).

Love Joline

Kathryn said...

You're probably home by now but I am thinking of you and I'm so glad your friend is with you. Maybe we'll see you tomorrow at the barn?

Anonymous said...

all I can say is "I love you"..mom