Another day, another large Starbucks coffee.
I found out how to connect from my hotel room (dial-up...groan). And I wrote this morning, but when I went to send, the old ACCESS DENIED came up (a security firewall thing because I was dialed up to the work number) and when I went back my post was GONE.
Yesterday was OK. I went to the Bay after the course and found my MAC products (concealer, powder, blush and mascara that smells like roses...totally did not need the mascara, but I had used it before and loved it and I just wanted it, damn it). Came back to the hotel, had a cup of tea in front of the fireplace in the lounge whilst reading a new book and then saddled up to the bar to have a bite to eat. The new book is The Other Side of the Story by Marian Keyes. Paulette, I agree, White Oleander was probably not the best book for me to be reading, but it was like trying to not watch a train wreak. I was absorbed by the imagery and the language and could not stop reading it. So I started to read the MK book in the lounge and lo and behold, it starts off describing how a man left his wife. Nice.
Today promises to be more of the same as far as the course is concerned. I found out there is a Chapters up the street and I will head up there this afternoon. Evelyne, you would be proud of all the shopping I have been doing.
Thanks for checking on the house, Jill :)
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Holy Pennies-from-Heaven Batgirl !!! Your fave Gap jeans, MAC makeup, Ahmed hand kisses, shopping at Mexx and classy Canlit readings at the hotel bar - omigod how many treats can one grrrl get in a week?!? Good thing you'll have Jenn in tow to help you make the transition back to not-so-glam Kentburg.
I'm starting to get a little concerned...when is it exactly you do come home (I have forgotten)... wouldn't want your funds to run out too soon!!!! MAC ...Ria love it. She gave me a lip gloss once & it was so yummy I ate most of it!!!!I say "GO" to JENN and when do we get to meet her??? I can't believe your book luck Taryn, maybe you should switch to Cat in the Hat!!!!
Taryn...you freak!!! Why are you in London? I am not sure I read back that far. You should definately get a pic of Ahmed before you leave and then you can make up fake blog stories about you and him and your sorted affair...I'd buy that book!and you could start it out with the girl dumpin the boyfriend!!!lol
What great friends you must have...just think about that!
Post a Comment