Monday, January 07, 2008

Monday Morning

Wow, you guys. Your comments were incredible regarding the last morbid post. Thank you for putting up with me and sending your words.

You are right, Paulette. White Oleander IS a downer...I brought along a Marian Keyes book of Amy's and am switching up tonight.

Trip up uneventful. This area of London is a bit like a big New Minas, but I am told the downtown is nice. Might venture there this morning as the course does not start until 1pm. Huge mall across the street...plan to check out H&M and RW & Co and GAP this week. Room is standard, but comfortable. Huge hotel-built like a maze.

Had dinner with my dad and brother last night which was nice. We had the restaurant to ourselves and the waiter was really good. And a little flirty. I thanked Ahmed for his excellent service and reached out to shake his hand and he turned my hand over and kissed it. Ha! I might have retained some grace and dignity after this bomb of a situation afterall. If I could get rid of the dark circles under my eyes I'd be OK.

I am in the Business Centre of the hotel. There is only wireless in the rooms and the CFIA deems wireless a security risk and won't enable it on the laptops. Grrr. Means I can't blog in my PJs. But I got a free Starbucks coffee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taryn, I'm thinking you and my sister Tacey,could really use each other to talk to. I guess this is just one of those times when you have to ask yourself?? Victim or survivor? I know where my money is, on you! Hang in there and have FUN in London, pretend it's England.

Kathryn said...

Hey Taryn! I agree with Josee, pretend it's London, England - do you have a British accent you could use?