Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Tuesday Morning


For Kathryn and Josee: pretend I am using an English accent as you read this.

This is a pic of me and my brother taken yesterday morning. His name is Michael and he is 4 years younger than I. It has been 5 years since we saw each other.

Popped over to the mall yesterday and scored a new scarf for 8$, a bag of delights from Reitmans for $53 and treated myself to my favourite jeans (GAP, classic bootcut, size 8, ankle length...can never find that size at home) and was delighted they were 25% off. Scoffed a (small) container of NYF poutine.

Attended the training session and met some folks from out West. My, but they area noisy bunch. There are actually quite a few people that I know there. And Darlene, remember that John guy from Calgary who was SO disinterested and read the paper the whole time? He was there. Bragging that he only had 3 1/2 years left. I think it will be an OK course.

Last night I just read and wrote a couple of postcards and hung out (fell asleep during Corrie, damn it). Watched a sitcom for the first time in ages...Big Bang...is actually quite a funny show.

The hotel is really nice and accomodating (ha ha ha). Great restaurant and just across the street from the mall. I hope to go there again today and find some MAC products.

Toodles.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with a little "retail" therapy! Your brother and you have the same great smile. Have fun. ps: I am writing this in an Italian accent, cause I think Italian sounds sooo sexy!

Just Plain Happy said...

Okay, fill me in on the accent thing! I feel SO...left out. The first thing I noticed too was that same GREAT smile!

Taryn said...

Read yesterday's comments, Myleta...

Kathryn said...

Are you using a Corrie accent or a posh, hoity-toity accent?
It's always nice to see our siblings again after a long absence. Sometimes the relationship is so obvious - like my kids and obviously you and your brother. Yay for bargains and finding the right size. (I so wish 8 was still my size.) Only two weeks to book club!

Angie said...

I actually read this in an accent, it was a lot more interesting!!! I think these girls are crazy, I could hardly tell you two were related....NOT!!! Chriky are you twins?

Anonymous said...

OK Tayne I can't stand how much your Brother looks like you!!!!! Think of me with big puffy eyes (NOT from crying) when you go to the MAC counter...I am SOOOOO Allergic!!! The bummer of this is of course I love bright fun eye shadow!!! Keep the Pace...