So I was able to install the software for the camera! Yeah for me. The first shot is the first picture I took (well, the fourth, really...I took a couple of photos in front of the bathroom mirror of me and my camera to show off, but of course the flash made the pics unviewable) and the second was taken at a surprise birthday party I helped out at yesterday.
That was what I did Friday night...Macy and I went to the hall to help Jill and her family get ready for Betty's surprise birthday party. In the pic, Betty is blowing out the candles, and the two chicks in the background are Donna (left) and Jill (right). So Saturday morning, I went to the hall to "work" the party. Jill had enlisted Donna, me and Donna (another Donna) to help out by manning a few creative tables where guests could make their own treat bag contents (cards, etc.).
I was at the hot clocolate card table. OK. So I have never lead a card making session before and let me tell you....I have a whole new respect for Jill and Myleta who do this so effortlessly. It was a little stressful! But I did OK and the folks seemed pleased with their stuff so it all worked out.
The party was in the Cambridge Community Hall on Hwy. #1. Just after I arrived there in the morning, there was a fire up the road and an accident down the road, and the Hwy was blocked off at both ends! So it created a bit of excitement because people had a hard time getting to the hall. And to think I was worried about the weather forecast! But it all worked out and Betty was surprised. Jill and Sara had worked very hard to organize a beautiful setting all coordinated on pink and brown and it was fun. You can read more about it on Donna's blog .
It was good to have something to do yesterday. Got me up and going. I came home and took the poor hound for a walk and then cleaned the house.
I think Tim, Macy and I are going to go for a walk in the Ravine today. And I am going to do my BC homework. I came home with an ice cream container of Jeff's yummy corn chowder yesterday and I took a loaf of Jenn's homemade bread out of the freezer, so today meals are taken care of.
Who ever thought that I would gladly welcome the prospect of a Monday morning???



3 comments:
How nice of Jill to put together such a great get together for her Mom. I am sure Betty loved everything about it. How lucky for Jill to have friends like you to help!
The party sounded fun. How old was she turning? Glad all went well and that you look forward to Monday!!! viva las Monday!
The picture of Macy is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your new camera works very well with you behind the controls!!!!!!!!!
Glad that you're looking forward to Monday!
You're doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep up the good work-It will pay off sometime!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lots of love,
gayle
Post a Comment