Last night Evelyne and I went to the Kingstec dinning room. One of the girls who babysits for her occasionally was "in charge" of last night's offerings and Evelyne invited me to go.
It was nice-a little loud-but nice. I had a tomato-vodka concoction followed by a butternut squash-apple cider bisque to start, and then the pork loin with a spicy sauce (grilled parsnips and carrots on the side with a potato thing topped with broiled goat cheese). There was a pallet-cleansing sorbet (lime and mint), and then I chose a lime cheesecake for dessert. The cheesecake was surprising light. We were invited to take the flowers on the table, so Evelyne took one carnation and I took the other and I just remembered I left mine in the truck :(
It was nice to have something to look forward to last night. It was a pretty good day-I did a rendering plant inspection that went well.
Bathroom plans are truckin' along. Dude arranged to come put the floor in and Shane has graciously agreed to take up the toilet and get rid of the icky press-board vanity beforehand and come to reset the can and put in the new vanity and lights. Then I can paint the walls. Yes Angie, the paint is green (Garden Path)...I have only painted the window trim and the door and the ceiling Monterary white so far.
Tomorrow the Hound is off to the Farm and Tim, Deb, Jeff and I are getting an Urban Fix. We are gettin' out of dodge and heading to Halifax. Going to the Art Gallery and out for lunch. We are also going to stop at Aerobics First where I plan to buy a new pair of runners in preparation to start running again. March 1st is the plan. I have lost weight as a result of the stress of the past few months so there is less to move around, but I need to burn off my restless energy. Time to dust off the 'ole iPod shuffle. We'll see how it goes. Spending $$$ on a proper pair of shoes should be good motivation. Why March? Just because.
Friday, February 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Way to go Taryn! March 1st sounds like the perfect date to start running...hope you have a great time in the city! See you on Monday...I'm working on my homework today...
Amy
March...why not eh? Just watch out for the slush!!!
How was the food at the kinstec diner? That is where I met my husband...not in the diner itself, it was actually in front of the canteen downstairs. He always says,"I saw you and I knew you were the one, and all you wanted was a pepsi."
I sense a new Taryn emerging....it is exciting!! mom
Post a Comment