Sunday, February 10, 2008

Urban Fix

Yesterday, Deb, Jeff, Tim and I got our Urban Fix. I have to say, it was a wonderful day.

First stop: Aerobics First where I had the best service ever in terms of buying a new pair of runners (and socks, and toque).

Then we had Brunch at Saege Bistro on Spring Garden road. GO THERE. Beautiful surroundings and excellent service (his name was Dade). Tim and I both had the eggs benedict, but I had Black Forest Ham and he had smoked salmon. Jeff had the lobster raviolli and Deb the mexican burrito. And then we had dessert. Holy moly.

OK. I rarely order dessert. But after the pastry chef described each and every one when Jeff and I investigated the offerings in the display case, it was a no brainer. Jeff and I both had the carrot cake with maple pannicoti (sp?), Tim had the bittersweet chocolate trio and Deb had the lemon tart. Amazing....as you can see. And the whole thing was quite reasonable. My bill (eggs benny, coffee, virgin mimosa, dessert and tip) came to 31$. We all highly, highly reccommend Saege Bistro. Thanks for the suggestion, Deb!

And then we walked down to the Art Gallery. There was a Marilyn Monroe collection to view and we also took in the Canadian Abstracts. Enjoyed this thoroughly. Just the walk down Spring Garden to the Gallery was a treat-so many different people. Everytime I go to the city I was I had taken in more of it when I actually lived there. On our way back to the car, we stopped in at the Italian Gourmet (love, love, love this place). The last pick is of the group as we walked past the park back up Spring Garden.

Thanks for an awesome day, kids.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Very Glad to hear you had such a great day in the city with good friends and good food, Taryn! See you tomorrow eve!
Amy

Anonymous said...

OMG...look at the yummy choices...
So glad you had fun!