Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday Morning



Yesterday was an extremely lay low day. I saw no one, I talked to nobody (except the pets...and trust me, they probably hear more than they wish to). The most housework I did was change the sheets on the bed and do the dishes and of course, shovel snow. I didn't even have to cook because I had purchased a slice of Southwest Tortilla Torte (so yummy-chicken and cheese and stuff) from The Italian Gourmet Saturday and ate that cold for lunch. Dinner was leftover rice and curry Jenn had left in my freezer. I didn't even shower. Good thing no one popped in-they would have been frightened. I read an entire Tempest Brennen novel.

I ALMOST won a pair of Whimsical uppercase and numbers sets, but some friggin' witch in Illinois started bidding with 5 freakin' minutes left. My highest bid was 35$.

However, on the agenda was a big walk for poor Macy. We went up to the Research Station fields/orchards. This is a great place. There are plowed roads and lots of places to walk. We only met one other person and her dog Choco (a tri-clour sheltie). The landscape is quite something and everything was in shades of grey, black, brown and white. Except for this one tree that had vivid orangy bits (old berries?) on it. I was quite taken with it, as you can see.

Geeze-it is really crappy out there this morning. Troy-next-door sent me a message on Facebook that he would snowblow the driveway for me after he gets home from work today if Mr.Plow has not done it already. Hopefully, Book Club will not be cancelled tonight. I need to be with my Peeps.

A busy week ahead. An appointment with Bonnie after work, bookclub tonight. Tuesday I am off to Yarmouth for the day. Wednesday, a full rendering inspection over in Canning. Thursday, I am taking my personal day and going to lunch at the Designer Cafe, starting The Kite Runner, and going to Beleaf Spa. Thursday night Shane is coming to take up the crapper. Friday the flooring dudes come and Friday night Shane will put the crapper back.

Time will fly. Yeah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...so by the sounds of it, you have 24 hours without a crapper...you should treat you and Macy to a hotel stay...hehehe

Drive safe in this weather...yuck!

Anonymous said...

You even make "taking up the crapper" funny when you write about it. Looks like you are having fun with your new camera. I'm with Jill, a hotel for one night would be soooo fun, and you could even have room service. I always love that.

Angie said...

Those desserts look too good to eat!! You should enlarge them and hang them in your crapper!! lol
My day was spent moving the office around!! It doesn't feel so cramped now!! But I am pooped!