Saturday morning Macy and I went to visit Olivia while Evelyne took Emily to the doctor. O is a little bundle of 2 1/2 year old energy and she LOVES Macy. At one point, she was sitting there "feeding" Macy with a spoon. She would dig at her palm with a plastic spoon, hold it out to Macy who sat there and would dutifully take a few bites, and then she would dig at her palm again. This went on for some while and it was so darn cute-she was babbling to the dog the whole time. Just when she realized her mother was not there and put her pink rubber boots on (the wrong feet...one was completely backwards) to go find her, they came home. Whew. Perfect timing.
I then had coffee with Jean at the new cafe and afterward went a little crazy with the debit card. Hence the lamp, the doggie hook (got that last week, actually) and the ceramic tile which I could not resist for the kitchen and my vision of it. I realized after I got home that my recent spending habits may have something to do with filling a void and ruminated on that for a while...decided I need to smarten up. However, I could rationalize it by saying it is an attempt to make this house my own. Whatever it is, I need to stop spending my time wandering around stores seeing things that catch my eye.
Saturday afternoon I cleaned the house, took the Hound for her walk and then watched "Notes on a Scandal" (free from the library!). Judi Dench is one scary dame.
Sunday was a restless day. Up early: Facebook, Blog reading and horoscopes. I didn't even watch all of Coronation Street. Macy and I were out the door at 9 headed for a Big Walk at the Research Station. Made chicken fricot, cleaned up my den (changed things around, did a page for my friend Cindy and her girls in PEI from when they were here to visit last summer, went through my "supplies" in the closet and put some stamps and stuff in a box to send to her girls Caitlyn and Lindsay). Looked at the clock: 11 freakin' 15. Damn. Tried a nap, finished the last few pages of a mystery I had borrowed, painted the trim on the wall in the bathroom where the ugly vanity had bin as well as the quarter round that Shane will put on. Took Hound for a spin downtown. Made chocolate chip pecan cookies, took 3 dozen over to my neighbour the Snow Blower Man to thank him for being so diligent about the snow removal, came home and put on the second coat of paint. I really like the painting...strangely satisfying. Went to bed and read a few more chapters of The Kite Runner-dang, but that is a good book. I am trying to savour it...only reading a few chapters before bed every night. The Hound was pooched-no wonder with all those walks!
Poor Macy...it is hard work being a savior.
Click on this link to see Uno, the first Beagle to ever win the Westminster Best in Show prize (the equivalent of an Oscar in the doggie world):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_g16va-xug



2 comments:
Hey Taryn,
Renovations are looking great. You are a busy women, every time you write about what you are doing and I'm thinking "man, I do nothing" well except drive to the rink, which is where I am headed now. Keep up the moving forward.
Okay Taryn, now you are starting to tick me off! What is wrong with wondering around stores spending money? Just kidding! Actually there is nothing wrong with sprucing up your nest and making it your own. It looks lovely in the photos, hope to see it IRL soon. Amy and I may just have to come check out your 'new' stuff and have lunch with you at the new cafe, one day soon!
Post a Comment