Spring. A time of renewal. Yay!Love this photo of the Easter Beagle...Macy would NEVER put up with such indignity.
Friday was Good. I spent the morning puttering about and it didn't involve housework. That evening I went to the Evergreen with Dawn, Paul, Jane and Isabelle to see David Myles in concert and it was very good. He is a folky-jazzy-blusey guitar playing artist from Fredericton who had an amazing bassist (you know, the real big shaped like a violin bass) and the quietest drummer ever heard. The bassist really impressed me-I have never seen anyone so connected to an instrument and he was a joy to watch. After the concert I popped in on Deb and Jeff as they had invited me in for dessert (which was amazing...pure chocolate bliss).
Saturday morning Tim, Craig, Deb, Stephanie and I went to Mountain Maple sugar shack to indulge in pancakes, sasauge, beans, brown bread and coffee. This is an excellent thing to do! The Munroe's live up in Black River and this is an annual event. The only booking we could secure was at 9:30 AM (which, for some of my party, was damn early seeing as they only had a max of 3 hours sleep the previous night!) because they are totally booked for every other time every weekend they are open! It is this cabin in the middle of a sugar camp up on North Mountain crammed with all sorts of great stuff including a big wood stove and live musicians playing bluegrass. After breakfast we had taffy on the snow.
Saturday afternoon was spent with the Beagle on the couch in front of a movie and a fire and Saturday evening was much the same. Today Macy gets her Big Walk at the Station (hope it is nice...too early to tell) and then I have been invited for Easter Dinner at Deb and Jeff's.
There is hope of spring even tho it was so cold this weekend, because yesterday I spotted and crocus leaves in my yard! So Happy Easter and Happy Spring to All :)
PS-Dinner at Deb and Jeff's was, in a word, wonderful. Champagne and cheese to start followed by a very spring-like salad, fresh cheese and chive biscuits, roasted fingerling potatoes, steamed carrots, and herb-encrusted rack of lamb with a port, orange and cranberry sauce. Dessert was carrot cake cupcakes (complete with a marzipan carrot on top) and a pot of jasmine tea (the "tea bag" was a ball that when hot water was added to the clear glass teapot you could watch it unfold into a beautiful flower!). I really enjoyed the lamb...I had never had it before last night. Deb and Jeff are fantastic hosts. They have a knack for making one feel like an honoured guest and friend at the same time. Great conversation: part story telling, part philosophical, part humour, all good.
I am so lucky to have good friends.



2 comments:
Glad you had a "hoppy" easter weekend!!! Sounded like great fun, and even greater friends. We had a great weekend too....and never left our neighborhood!!!
I too, am grateful for my 'good friends'!
Post a Comment