So, after being at Deb's this past weekend and quite liking her little sound system, I decided to buy myself an early birthday present. I stopped Video World the other day, and found myself this sweet little LG system. It wasn't the look I had in mind, but the features were outstanding (it is really a mini home theatre as I discovered by examining the box when I got home...didn't know that when I picked it out... it plays DVDs and you can hook it up to the TV). Personally, I like the sub woofers on the side. The sound is rich and full. And now I can listen to CBC Radio 2! I am such a geek. I even "negotiated" for a better price since it was the store demo...that was fun; I've never done that before! Anyhow, so Happy Freaking Birthday to Me.
Monday night was eagerly anticipated as it was Book Club night. I so love getting together with my treasured girls! What started out as an I'm-not-sure-I want-to-do-this thing has become a luscious part of my life. We all went to Gayle's and we loved her hospitality (and her chocolate fountain).
The rest of the week has been rather mundane. Macy and I went for a huge walk last night at the Station. we came upon a set of deer tracks and she spent a lot of time giving those a thorough sniff. Met a pack of dogs (4) that nearly gave Macy a heart attack. They were NOT on leads and three of them descended on the poor thing...she bared her teeth. I am glad they were friendly. It bugs me when people do not think to anticipate what could happen when they do not have control over their dogs. Like the "gentleman" that we met on the trail last summer who snapped his growling dog OFF the lead because "he is friendlier when he is not on his leash" and the dog then went straight for Macy's jugular and had to be pulled off her. Jerk.
I have been able to get a few things at work tied up before the end of the fiscal year which has felt GOOD.
The weekend? Saturday is a large, rather papery day. A book class at the Barn and then an evening at Jill's creating with another group of friends. Might pop into the pub on the way home as Merimac is playing....we'll see. Macy is off to the Farm for the day/night.
Whatever your weekend has in store, enjoy it....it really is closer than it appears, Annie (did you win the lottery???)!



4 comments:
I haven't won the lotto yet but I have a funny feeling it's this weekend (of course, it could be the day old pizza I had for lunch talking)...
Annie
Taryn,
Reading your blog is like opening the pages of a much loved book! I love what you write AND how you write...I know I sound worse than a broken record...but I do mean it. Thanks for sharing AND see you tomorrow!
Peep! Peep!
I wish we were closer than we appear...!
Jo-in-Norhern-still-snow-covered-to-the-tilt-Bathurst
I think your little stereo unit is cool looking but CBC Radio 2? Wasn't 1 enough....come on..
Post a Comment