...and the last day of March. Holy crap, but it did go by fast!
Saturday was spent at the Barn with some of my Peeps. We had signed up for another one of Paulette's awesome classes where we were to create a book. Sorry-did I say "a" ? We made two each. It is a part of a nefarious plot to entice a (my favourite) Life Artist to come visit Nova Scotia (check out her blog...it is the "A" link on left hand of this page). The premise was to make two identical books listing 10 things about our province that are dear to us or reasons to visit, etc. The title of my book ended up being Why I Love Living in Nova Scotia. We had "homework" to do (11 pics cut to size accompanied by journalling in the rough) so we could get right to it. One book for Ali and one book for us (Ahem...it seems I was the only one who succeed in completing both, but I just worked away...the downside was I missed out on some conversation bits). The pics are of my finished copy and the intro page. I listed such things as great seafood, wineries, windy walks on the beach, Party for the Cure, pub nights, weenies roasts, patio dining, etc). I was quite pleased with the result and was able to use pics that I have loved but had not as of yet found a home for. A good time was had by all.
Saturday night Jill invited a group of us to here welcoming home that had assisted with her Mom's surprise birthday party. It was great to see this group of gals again...thanks, Jill! I was introduced to (and won twice, heh heh heh) a new game where you create your own crossword. Might have to get one, Jill...you are so right about it being appropriate for the pub!
I spent the better part of Sunday moping around, but did manage to get a few groceries, take Macy for two long walks, clean the house, do laundry, cook a roast and start on my bookclub project. Sunday used to be my favourite day of the week....I hope it will be so again some day.



4 comments:
Your book is beautiful and you REALLY were the only one to finish them both...you have every right to boast about that! I was okay until I came to the journalling and found it tough to block out the conversations (so interesting) and just journal...so many typos I had to do some over a couple of times (thank goodness Paulette provided LOTS of supplies). I am sure Ali won't be able to resist NS after receiving the FAB books.
Sunday will be your favorite again...I just know it. I remember hating Sundays. I used to spend them at work. They sucked!
Sorry you missed the nibbles/creating on Saturday...you have a social life that is just TOO busy - lol
Let me know if you want me to pick up that game for you - the only place I've seen it is in Greenwood.
Sounds like Ali will have a hard time to resist this place!! Just make sure she doesn't come in spring when everything looks like a big sloppy mud puddle!!!
I love living in NS because your never far from the ocean!!
I so enjoyed this day Taryn! mine are both done now too :o) Even if ali doen't bite, she'll always have a reminder (or 12!) that she's always welcome!!! I have 2 more other scrap books to finish &supplies & pics to gather before Inspired...I'm starting to get giddy !!!! happy day....
Post a Comment