My weekend was good, actually. Friday night was a bit of a bore (grocery shopping...ugh...but I did buy myself a bunch of red tulips), but Saturday I spent the day at the Barn with my creative Peeps. We made this Japanese spine book....finished the whole thing! Lovely project-no stress, and pretty, too. Paulette went all out-the paper was cut; the pieces scored. Easy Peasy. There are twelve layout pages in the book: the left sides have a pocket and card with ribbon to pull it out, and the right sides have a coordinating piece of patterned paper. We added our own swirls and journaling stamps. I think I have decided what to do with mine.
This a big year for me coming up. I begin my 4th decade on this planet (no snickers, please) soon. So, I have decided to use one page a month, beginning with my birthday, to record what happened or something I have learned and add a picture on the right. I'm all about recording, lately.
Saturday night I got ready to receive guests on Sunday for Brunch. Menu? Mimosa, coffee, ham, zucchini egg bake, fruit, croissants and rhubarb upside down cake. This is the first meal I have hosted since November. The best part about the whole day was when I was in the kitchen and all I could hear was whole-hearted laughter in the other room. I thought, "this is what I want this house to be all about...echoing with laughter".
Poor Macy had an upset tummy this weekend...I think it was that old chicken leg she "discovered" in front of the library on Friday night during our walk. I managed to wrestle half of it away from her, but by Saturday night she began licking the carpet excessively and eventually upchucked her whole dinner (and then some). Sunday morning I gave her toast and peanut butter, but she hacked that up, too. Evelyne (bless her) came to check the hound out and I kept an eye on her for signs of further distress. All afternoon Macy was lethargic (get this-she wasen't even interested in a w-a-l-k) and on the couch. Finally, at about 4, she perked up a bit and I took her around the block. She had some boiled hamburger and rice (sort of like how we have toast and tea when feeling icky) and she didn't throw up that night or Monday. Whew. Her gut was a little bloated Sunday and that has gone down. I think she is on the mend. The sad part is, old Garbage Gut won't pass up the next stinky thing she finds. Oh wait...this sounds familiar....kind of like how we say, "I'll never drink again" on the day after Apple Blossom. The 'ole apple doesn't fall far from the freakin' tree.
I am doing something new this week...my supervisor asked me last week if I would be interested in being the Acting Supervisor this week as he is Acting Inspection Manager. Huh??? Me??? Uh....OK. Not a big whoop this time. really. Just having proxy to his email to keep it at bay and shuffle things off to where they need to go. No budget stuff, no big meetings. A gentle way to step into this new role. I was quite flattered, actually. We'll see how it goes.
OK. So Gayle tells me the other day that she called BeLeaf to inquire about the Caribbean Experience and she was asked, "are you Taryn's friend?" Apparently, she was the third person to enquire about it! Was it my description of it on this blog that precipitated that??? Interesting...perhaps I should become a Spa Review Queen!



3 comments:
Even if you don't become the spa reveiw queen, you should at least be given a discount next time because of all the business you have generated.
I saw Tanya's book last night at book club and it is so cool!! There are so many uses for that little book, I like the idea you came up with!
Good luck with the new position this week!!!
Sorry to hear about poor Macy... I do hope her Belly is on the mend. Taryn, the Bermuda pics are beautiful! That new camera fell into the right hands... now didn't it! I haven't decided what to do with my book but... I did make another to be sure I remembered how AND because I loved it SO Much!
I LOVE that you want your house to be filled with laughter...there's nothing better!!
I love my book, too! Can't wait to make another one...maybe a travel journal!? Hehehe! Great idea for yours, Taryn!
Amy
Post a Comment