A beautiful day out there-Macy doesn't know it yet, but we are off for a big walk at the Station once I finish this post and download a new podcast. Dontcha just love these two photos of Zeut and Macy? Took them this weekend.
Big news...I bought a new dryer. An LG Tromm to match the washer. It was delivered on Friday and much to my chagrin, it seems the old washer was wired directly to the power source as opposed to having a separate plug (AS IS THE CODE). I love Stage 2...they take old stuff away. But now I have to get an electrician in to put in a plug which means probably tomorrow which means I won't be able to dry the new chocolate towels I bought for the bathroom which means I can't use them until later this week! Oh well. The good news is, there is no longer an energy sucking fire hazard in the basement. That thing scared me. And took about 60 minutes to dry a load that came out of a washer that spins so fast it takes out most of the water...
The Irving dude came to service the furnace on Friday as well. He tells me I have a good model that is about 83% efficient and it didn't need much cleaning or any parts. Yay!
A restful weekend due the doc's instructions. I did go to brunch with Tim, Deb, Jeff and Craig yesterday (and went back to have dinner with the said group...Tim and Craig never left due to the St.Patrick's day celebration). But other than that, I watched two movies, finished another book, and puttered around the house. I also did some creating.
The book I read was Eat Pray Love. A pretty amazing read, really. I am going to read it again to write down the pieces of information that were relevant to me. The author relates a year's journey in Italy, India and Indonesia that she undertook to heal from divorce and resulting depression. One (of many) comforting things was the fact that she talked about "Monkey Mind". Thank God I am not the only one who goes through this! In fact, I have called it "Monkey Brain"...where my mind takes over in an endless loop of repeating not-so-healthy thoughts and questioning and creating fantasies and just generally messing me up.
Puttering ended up meaning finally cleaning out my paper crafting cupboard, organizing photos by year in a box (ingenious, really...used old photo envelopes and attached a tab and wrote the year or relevant topic on it and slotted them into a a box...yes! I came up with that one on my own!), putting up hooks in la salle du bain and cleaning out some drawers. Warning: do not sift through old photos and memorabilia if related to a relationship that has recently ended...it messes you up.
Creating resulted in the card boxes you see on this post. My friend Jill had the directions on her blog last week and I decided to try it. After ruining 6 pieces of perfectly pristine card stock, I had the hang of it. It was a good way to use up scraps and bits of embellishments. Thanks for the idea, Jill!
No big plans for today. Just a walk and watching two more movies (and avoiding brooding).



2 comments:
Wish we'd known you were going to the Ag Station, Maggie would have wanted us to join you!
Your cards are gorgeous...I too ruined much cardstock figuring it out. I guess that my instructions weren't the best...sorry for that.
I will do better in the future, lol!
Post a Comment