First of all, I picked up my brother at the airport on Thursday night. So great to have him here! We spent Friday on a 5 cent tour of the Valley including a beachcombing session at Hall's Harbour (complete with a "tide comin' get the hell back to the main beach NOW" moment).
Friday night was a blast. We met at the pub for a come one come all gathering and what a gathering it was. I think 20 people in all came to help me celebrate and it was FUN. Mike got to meet my peeps! Thank you to everyone for the well wishes...you have no idea what it meant to me to have you all there.
So I couldn't blog about Friday until after Saturday because we cooked up a plan to surprise Mom that day. I asked her last week if she would like to come Saturday night; that I would pick her up at the Digby ferry and take her back Sunday. Sure! But she had NO IDEA Mike would be there too! The pic was taken right after the reunion. So, so great to have us all together to relax and enjoy each other! On the way back to Kentville, we stopped to visit Marilyn and Ron and they had a birthday cake for me!
Clearly, there was a moment when I was not impressed with turning 40. But, due to thoughtful friends and reunions, I was able to take it in stride and actually enjoy myself. Thank you!
PS-On the way to the pub Friday night, Michael looked at me and exclaimed, "My sister's a hottie!" Oh ye-ah, oh ye-ah...



2 comments:
Taryn, I'm so glad you had a great birthday and visit with your mom & brother! And, like I said before I totally agree with Mike...you are a hottie! Live it up, girl!
Amy
xoxoxo
You are ALL of that (a Hottie!) and so much more...sweet, kind, caring, daring, loving, generous, funny, Smart, original thinker...okay my list could go on and on! and ALL of that at JUST 40!
Cheers To You,
Myleta
Post a Comment