All I can say is WOW. Any other word would just not be appropriate.
See this book? My new favourite thing. This pic isn't the clearest, but I love the lighting.
So what is it? A collection of pages created by friends celebrating ME! Lovingly put together and given to me on the occasion of my 40th birthday. Please make sure this accompanies me to the Home.
When I got home Thursday night, there was a brightly wrapped pressie hanging on my doorknob with a note that expressly directed not to open until April 11th. I followed the instructions. And what a treat indeed.
The Friends of Taryn Secret Society: Jenn's Top Ten things she loves about Taryn, Mom's Salutation to the Dawn, Audrey's chicken-inspired remembrance,
Jane's note on the importance of our friendship, Olivia and Emily's picture wishes, Myleta and Amy's 40 Birthday Wishes, Evelyne's list of what makes me unique and her wish for smooth sailing, Deb's collective page, Joline's Cherish and remembrance pages, Jill's Pomegranate Quote page, Sarah's Macy page, Macy's sniff page and Zeut's meow page.
The Friends of Taryn Secret Society are one crafty bunch (and I don't mean with paper and pens...that is obvious...I mean with secrets and dastardly plots). Honestly. Breaking into a girl's address book. Sending emails under my nose. Creating stories to cover your butts. Unbelievable.
Truly, any description would not justify how it made me feel. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It set the tone for the day and suddenly, turning 40 wasn't so bad :)



4 comments:
Yay! Wish I could of been there to see your face. The idea was so wonderful (won't divulge who, just in case it's still a secret). So happy it made you warm and fuzzy...mostly loved!
Jo
p.s. it was fun to be a part of it. What a wonderful circle of friends this is!
So glad to be a part of this Taryn. Sorry I couldn't be at the pub. My brother arrived for a whirlwind visit. Hadn't seen him since the same time four years ago. Hope it was fabulous, just like you!
Happy 40th Birthday! Welcome to the club, I recently joined...it's not such a bad thing...I think we wear our 40 years very well!!
Annie
Oh Taryn, you just made my eyes water.... so glad the Album did just what it was intended to do...let you know JUST how special you are! and make that number feel not so bad after all. I was so happy to have been invited to be a part of it.
Wishing you MANY,MANY More!
Post a Comment