Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday Morning

Since last week went by so fast, I guess it was only fitting that the weekend would go by as equally fast...

Saturday morning we braved the cold and had a yard sale in Paul and Jane's driveway. I ended up netting $62.97 (some guy gave me all his change thus the 97)! And got rid of some stuff! The money, together with my Birthday money, will purchase a trimmer I have my eye on (which just happens to be on sale this week at Crappy Tire). I took in a bit of the Valley Stamp Club's show at the fire hall in the afternoon. I prepared dinner that night, but took it all to Jane's as they have a fenced in yard and toys which was more conducive to hosting Evelyne, Paul and their kids, the Girl and two dogs. First burgers of the season :)

Sunday it was off to Wolfville to attend Emily's gymnastics year-end performance. Too cute. The pics are dark and I don' know why. Macy and I went for a long walk on the dyke afterward, then I brought her home and took myself out to breakfast at the cafe. Sunday afternoon we took a nap and put out some crap for Big Garbage day (I put out the old vanity Saturday morning...it was picked up within a half an hour!). Then the hound and I went to the Barn to see the girls and buy some stuff (ie lotsof adhesive for Paper Arts A Thon this weekend)...it was a beautiful day to drive out to Canning. Man, but do we ever live in a pretty place.

Sunday evening I was invited to visit the new folks who live at 81 Belcher Street. I used to rent the little house in the backyard of this home. Heather and Jeff were wonderful hosts and prepared a fine meal of pork tenderloin. Jane, Paul and Isabelle were also invited. It was a really nice evening.

And so, another week dawns. Looking forward to this weekend...Joline is coming to visit!!!

6 comments:

Just Plain Happy said...

Taryn, you live a charmed life. If I listed my 'outings' for a month it wouldn't come close to your weekend! and how lucky is Macy....Tommy did get a good long walk at the cabin this weekend and a 3-hr ride on the 4-wheeler.

See you Sat at PAAT!

Anonymous said...

hey Taryn, your pics are likely dark cause it was in some gym and the lighting is the pits and your flash was not strong enough.

Anonymous said...

I would say brace yourself, here I come but that would be setting yourself up for isappointment...
so just grab a coffee and relax... here I come.
Jo
Murphy better keep to himself!
I'm not promising crazy Pyjamas Myleta. I'll see what room is left in my suitcase after I pack my paper and stuff.

Anonymous said...

I would say brace yourself, here I come but that would be setting yourself up for disappointment...
so just grab a coffee and relax... here I come.
Jo
Murphy better keep to himself!
I'm not promising crazy Pyjamas Myleta. I'll see what room is left in my suitcase after I pack my paper and stuff.

Anonymous said...

OOps! I just posted twice in a row. I was trying to correct a little spelling boo-boo. See what being off coffee does to a person. Geesh.
Jo

Angie said...

I love big garbage day too...but have never refered to it as such. You always seem to have a nick name for everything!!!