Evelyne came to me about a month ago and said there was an Intro to Agility fun day planned by the people who help her train Clover. Would I be interested? Hell yes-I've been wanting to give that a go for a while .
We left this morning for this really nice field somewhere around Brooklyn. First we stopped for subs to take for our picnic lunch and then (since they had confiscated my freaking sunblock in Toronto on our way home from Bermuda) stopped at the convenience store for some sunblock for me. Hello? Note to self. It isn't wise to buy sunblock at a convenience store. My first clue should have been the inclusion of mink oil as an ingredient: stink, stank, stunk. It got onto my ears and that was that. Could not bear the stench. Lesson learned.
Anywho. So we get to this beautiful little fenced in agility course somewhere in the rolling hills of Hants County and there are ten dogs in total. From a 22 lb. fox terrier to a 122 lb long haired German Shepherd (yes, he was, I asked.). With a supply of homemade hotdog treats (what else does one do on a Friday night?) we started. The first pic is of Macy at the end of the day totally comfortable with the tunnel (that feat involved steak bait) and the second is of her going "over" a bar (check out her ears). The last pic is of the course (check out the hound butt in the lower left hand corner). All in all, a great day. Macy fell asleep in my arms on the way home and we then indulged in a hour-long nap on the couch.
So Sunday was nice. Still have the evening ahead of me. Dudes were here to mow the lawn yesterday (two high school guys, Logan and Jeff, and they had 2 mowers. Did the whole thing in 1/2 hour. Really nice fellers and I like supporting their getupandgo) so I went out and trimmed today (loving my new Grasshog). Planted begonias this weekend as well as weeded. Move over Mark Cowan (whoever that guy is who does the Home Hardware ads).
Saturday morning a big walk was in order and then it was time for housework. Tim came over in the afternoon and we worked on our Blossom project and I must say, it's lookin' good. Just need to embellish it with a little glitter and some paper blossoms. We went to the pub for pizza and beer afterward and it was great.
AND I received a plane ticket today! That is the trip I alluded to a while back. My pals Jane and Isabelle and Paul and Maggie are moving to South Carolina. Paul has already been there since May 7th. The moving truck is coming tomorrow I think. Jane and Isabelle and Maggie and I are going to Road Trip it down through the Eastern Seaboard beginning on June 8/9 to get them there. How much fun is that going to be?! No room for poor Macy this trip, but she will be safe at the Farm.
This week, it's get-ready-for-blossom-time. Get "guest room" ready for Jenn, buy a few groceries, finish blossom project, yoga Wednesday, trip to Bridgewater for work then a massage on Thursday, followed by picking Jenn up at the airport that night. Friday a pedicure is booked and there is champagne to buy for mimosas at brunch at Tim's and then it's Party for the Cure on Saturday. Woohoo!
Let's hope I can get through it without missing someone who is far away, too much.



5 comments:
I think Macy is smiling in the first pic!!!
OMG - how much fun is that?
That dog of your is too cute!
Your dog is too spoiled!!!! No one ever naps with me on the couch!!!(Lucky bitch!) ha
Sounds like your dog isn't the only one being pampered....massages and pedi's....You living your best life or what? Good for you!!! You deserve it!
Love that sweet face in the tunnel. Can I ask why your sunblock was confiscated at the airport?! (I don't travel so I'm just thinking...why is that a threat?)
Have a drink for me at apple blossom for me (when is it?)
Jo
Oh Taryn,
How lucky is Macy to have YOU. I know it goes both ways but that is one lucky dog! Have a great apple blossom weekend, I know you'll have lots of stories and pics to share.
Oh, and can anyone go watch the dogs? I know Tommy wouldn't participate but it would be fun to watch other dogs.
Post a Comment