

Jeepers creepers. I seem to be averaging one post a month! Here goes:
February, can't say as I hated you this year. Usually, February has me on my knees. This year, it flew by in a flash. Three birthdays to celebrate, a week-long trip to Yarmouth, snowshoeing, the DE Guelph course, dinner with friends, a pot luck, an impromptu day-long create with good friends and a Valentine's Day trip to the city for dinner and a movie. And to cap it off, we got together last night with family in Middleton to watch the Canucks polish off those Americans.
Yarmouth was actually better than I thought it was going to be. I was able to work on an assignment that was due for my Guelph course in the evenings and the weather was mild. I found a wonderful little restaurant called Chez Bruno (pic with plant taken there...I like how you can see the Yarmouth sign through the window) that I liked so much I went twice. And let me tell you: for what the Rodd Grand lacks in pizazz, the staff totally make up for it. Friendly and very accommodating.
So here you are, March. Welcome. I'm sure you have at least one more winter blast in you to show who's truly boss, but right now I am listening to the rain outside. Time change in a couple of weeks...hard to believe.
PS: Believe. That word has taken on a whole new meaning! I hear that chickie-poo in my dreams! I watched my fair share of the Olympics this time (having a bonafide sports-addict in the house made sure of that) and what a time we has last night watching that final game. And then we came home and watched the closing ceremonies. Which were great until the uber-cheesy "I am Canadian" segment. Which was watchable until the glow-in-the-dark breakdancers.



3 comments:
OK, glad to see that we were not the only ones who thought it was cheesy!
I fell asleep during the closing and not sorry about it either.
It was like having dessert before your meal if you think about it. But that last goal was enough to keep me flying til the end of the ceremony. At least we weren't sitting in an over-crowded Colosseum with crazy traffic to get back home through after :)
Post a Comment