Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tales from Bermuda

Due to the exceedingly cheap flights available and my desire to just "get away" after a busy winter, I decided to go visit my gal pal Jenn in Bermuda for a few days last week. it was my third visit to the island.

I nabbed a direct flight from Halifax on Saturday and was in Bermuda for breakfast. We then went to the Botanical Gardens as the annual agricultural exhibition was on. It was JUST LIKE one here (except the judged paw paws and loquats and hibiscus instead of apples and delphiniums)! Saturday night we helped out at a murder mystery dinner being put on by the theatre group Jenn is involved with (BMDS).

Sunday was a boat day and it was SO LOVELY to feel the sun on my skin. We set anchor in Mangrove Bay and enjoyed great conversation and Nick's new favourite bubbly. And then on the way back we saw a sea turtle! But he was too quick to get a photo of. Jenn and I went for a walk to Whale Bay and poked around the tide pools and then we came back to enjoy a curry take-away and a bottle of Seyval I had brought and then we watched a movie.

Monday was a bit overcast, and Jenn had to go check how things were doing at the Residence (she is now the Estate Manager for the American Counsel General...isn't that a hoot?). We had lunch there and then tootled around Hamilton for a bit. She made a delicious tuna meal for dinner and then we relaxed for the evening.
Tuesday the sun was shining as I bade my farewells after a bit of lounging around on the lanai with coffee.

How fortunate am I to have such wonderful friends in such a beautiful place ?!



No comments: